When do I need a Real Estate Lawyer?
A real estate lawyer can help you take the headache out of buying or selling property.
In terms of necessity, certain areas do not mandate the use of a real estate lawyer. However, hiring one can help tremendously in various situations.
- If you are a Buyer:
- Real estate lawyers help out of town buyers navigate the market more easily.
- Estate sales, bank-owned, or commercial property can be tricky to purchase.
- Real estate lawyers can help you find out if your property is in a problem area or if it has potential structural issues.
- If you are a Seller:
- Real estate lawyers can help when the property is in some state of distress or if you are the executor of a property whose owner is now deceased.
- Real estate lawyers may help if your selling partner is being non-cooperative or if you have a feeling that there may be issues with the property.