How to File a Workers' Compensation Claim


Report your accident, injury, or illness to your employer in writing.

You have three options for filing your Employee Claim (C-3) form with the New York State Workers' Compensation Board:

  1. Fill out their online form here.
  2. Call the Board for support filling out the form on the phone.
  3. Fill out a paper form and mail it to the nearest Board office.


Please note:

You must file within two years of the accident or when you knew or should have known the injury or illness was work related.

You must notify your employer within 30 days of the incident.